Fr. Vic Gournas
July 12, 2020
Mass Attendance - Masks in Church
My fellow parishioners,
Please remember a dispensation by the Bishop has waved the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for those who have health concerns.
We have begun having mass in the Church at 5:00 PM mass on Saturday, 10:00 AM mass on Sunday and a 1:00 PM Spanish mass. To comply with the social distancing guidelines we are only able to accommodate 250 parishioners per mass. To attend Mass will be on a first come first serve bases until we reach the 250 capacity.
With the new guidelines of our Governor you will be required to wear a mask during mass. Please place your mask on before exiting your vehicles, anyone who comes to the doors of the Church without a mask will not be permitted into the Church.
If you do not make the 250 to attend in the church, or you do not feel comfortable participating inside the church, you can still participate outside while listening in your vehicles via an FM Transmitter or live stream on your phone. Currently the masses will be streamed on FM 88.1, this is subject to change due to frequency tuning, please be patient with us and look for any changes on the church Face Book page. Communion will be offered to those who choose to listen in their vehicles as well, more information below.
In order to have a safe and reverent liturgy, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you are at high risk for health issues, please use your best judgment. If you would like to use a mask in church, feel free to do so.
- The church will be open 30 minutes prior to mass and will be closed 10 minutes after the conclusion of mass.
- We will have one entrance open to the Church. All Parishioners will only be able to enter through the main entrance. This will give our ushers an opportunity to guide the parishioners to their seating area.
- There will be no collection during the mass to avoid everyone touching the collection basket. We will instead have a basket at the main entrance for offertory collections.
- For those Parishioners listening in their vehicles or live streaming outside the church, we ask that you line up by the door to the adoration chapel. A Eucharistic Minister will be present to distribute communion.
- After the final blessing, our ushers will assist with the dismissal. All three doors will be available for exiting. Please no loitering after mass in the church or on the property.
Please continue to be patient and pray for an end to this pandemic and healing for all those infected.